Seeking the Purposes

In the past few months, life has felt anything but peaceful. 

The worst workplace imaginable and the loss of many connections and friends have taken a toll on me. I've always tried to protect the tranquillity I hold so dear, but lately, it feels like it's slipping away. 

I find myself questioning everything.











People often say, "You are not defined by what the world does to you, but by how you react to it." 

Yet, in moments of anxiety, jolting awake in the middle of the night, that wisdom feels distant. 

Why is this happening to me? 

I've lived with honesty, worked hard, and given my best to maintain good relationships, only to find things spiralling out of control.

But then, a realization struck me: Yes, they were right. I can't control everything happening around me. The only thing within my grasp is how I handle what's inside of me.












Recently, I found solace in a Bible verse that brought clarity to my restless mind:

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." – John 14:27

This verse reminded me that God's peace is unlike any fleeting calm the world offers. It’s deeper than any anxiety or fear that consumes me. Even when life feels overwhelming, I must trust that He is working all things for my good. His presence can bring calm even in the heart of chaos.

As I surrender my anxieties to Him, I’m learning to let His peace settle my heart and mind. 

No matter the circumstances, I remind myself that God is with me. 

He offers comfort and a stillness that surpasses understanding. I choose to rest in that peace, knowing that He holds me and my future securely in His hands.

And now, after everything that has happened, I want to try again. Facing the future with the hope of a better life will surely be manifested.

Let's try again. But this time, with God inside of me. 

I believe I won’t be doing it alone as I face the challenges ahead. With His guidance, I will walk forward, trusting in His plan and the peace that He gives. 

This time, I know that no matter how hard the world shakes me, my foundation will remain strong because I am grounded in Him.











Whatever I do—whether in my work, my life, or my relationships—I won’t do it for any human approval, but for God. 

My focus has shifted from seeking validation from the world to seeking His will. 

In every step I take, I will move forward with the conviction that I am doing it all for Him. 

For He is my source of strength, and His peace is the one thing I can truly count on.



Mario Christy, 2024.